Featured Post

Launching QuietGrowth

Hello all! I am happy to announce that I am launching QuietGrowth ( QuietGrowth.com.au ), the most advanced digital investment management s...

Friday, May 16, 2014

Thank you for your support -- Malkajgiri Assembly elections 2014

Volunteers, supporters and well-wishers,

Thank you for your support in various forms since May 2012 for the campaign -- donating, volunteering and spreading the good word.


The results for United Andhra Pradesh State Assembly elections are declared and mainly due to the highly-polarized voting pattern among the electorate due to the highly emotional Telangana issue, I could not secure a victory.

Those who supported the cause of Telangana voted for TRS and those who did not support the cause, voted for TDP/BJP combine. Mine and our party's voice was lost out in these emotional developments.

Till the election day, I was one among the four candidates who were perceived by the public to be in the race for victory. But on the polling day, we observed two trends -- highly polarized polling due to the regional divide and low voting percentage of only 52% (a low voter turnout meant that upper/mid-middle class voters, who usually support us, did not turn up to vote).

I secured 12,121 votes out of 2,31,108 votes polled. The polarization resulted in TRS winning by securing 77,132 votes while the BJP/TDP got 74,364 votes for the second position.

That said, I must share the good news that a large section of people indeed perceived me as "someone who can do a good job that will be better than other contestants". They believed my track-record, "respected" and "liked" me as a person. Even our message during our campaign was in sync to what people perceived about me.

The fact that I delivered the second-best result in United Andhra Pradesh for our party (both in number of votes secured -12121, and vote share percentage secured - 5.24% ) gives credence to this. (best performance is from our State President who contested from Kukatpally constituency that we had won in 2009 -- 13004 votes and 5.6% vote share).

I will continue to spend some of my time in public initiatives and I will work towards implementing part of my public initiatives in Malkajgiri constituency.

I seek your continued support.

No comments: