Featured Post

Launching QuietGrowth

Hello all! I am happy to announce that I am launching QuietGrowth ( QuietGrowth.com.au ), the most advanced digital investment management s...

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Why I do not subscribe to a newspaper

For the last eight years, I have not subscribed to a newspaper. Many reasons:

1) I get deep satisfaction that I am not contributing to more dead wood, especially when the need for a newspaper is not high as I get my news from other sources.

2) As mentioned, I get my news from other sources - online news portals, blogs and very relevant articles shared widely by influencers on Twitter, etc.

3) Except for publications such as WSJ, Economist, Economic Times, etc., that package the information relevant to me in an efficient manner for me to browse through, all other publications are inefficient for me to browse through the pages. I need to 'search' for useful news and this in fact wastes my time and reduces my consumption experience.

4) I also do not subscribe to an online newspaper because I read specific articles and not random news. I prefer paying per article (any entrepreneur listening?!)

I have many friends who consume news in the same manner as I do. Yet, most of them subscribe to a newspaper, because it is an old habit. I request them, and all those with similar habits as mine, to stop buying a paper newspaper. For the sake of environment.

Of course, if you enjoy consuming news from a physical newspaper, please go ahead. Even for me, I enjoy reading a physical book over an ebook. So I buy a paperback.

No comments: